Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

blocking certain numbers from leaving switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

RVstew

Technical User
Oct 11, 2005
CA
Background:
I have a 3rd party IVR looked after by someone else, one of the options from the IVR is to go to a Fax Server(5digit ext), on occasion, the IVR spits out the wrong DTMF and calls go to a persons extension. Now this person resides on another switch(SL100), calls are going over TIE lines between the 2 sites. A DSC of 69 has been created for a catch all for the other site(option 81c).

Question:
How do you block a particular DN (5digit) from going over these TIES to the SL100. You cannot break it down to DSC 5digits because of the quantity of DN's involved. The catch-all also prevents you. Is there a way to block this number to a certain route?

Thanks for any help given.

To be more clear, I'm trying to block a particular 5digit number from going over the ties to the SL100, Programming would be needed in the 81c.

the certain route would mean to me, assign a tgar to the set and a matching targ to the route. then the other routes would still be allowed

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

That would block all calls to this route, there are valid calls that need to go through, I need to block a particular DN from going out. Unfortunately this is not one set making the call but 144 from the IVR.

Unfortunately you will need to break out the DSC Example; 690,691,692,6930,6931,6932,69330,69331,69332,69335,69336, 69338,69339,6934,6935,6936,6937,6938,6939,694,695,696,697, 698,699 all assigned to the same RLI. In the above example 69333,69334, and 69337 are omitted. They will not leave the switch.

Thats what I was afraid of, at the moment there is one DSC of 69 for all 69xxx numbers residing on the SL-100, Thats a lot of DSC's. It would be nice if the 81 would allow me to enter a DSC 69111 but it conflicts with the 69 DSC. I was hoping for a hidden trick someone may know.

Thanks for all your help.

The only other thing you might try on the 81 side would be an IDC table on that route. I'm not sure if you can assign one but it's worth a shot.

Can you build another DSC just for the IVR (79xxx)

The IVR has 144 analog 500 ports that reside on the 81, The IVR dials a number due to the selection a caller makes within the IVR, this case to go to a fax server 69605 over at the SL100 site. So no you can't build a DSC for the IVR.

This is also an outgoing call so I don't believe the IDC will work.

you right,i thought from your original post that you wanted to block a station from using a single route.. break the dsc's out. i always put dsc in, in groups of 10 because of this type of problem.. an idc table works on an inbound call so i don't see that being a solution

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back