Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blocking a specific number from dialing in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jglittle

MIS
Mar 25, 2002
US
Hello. I am a new Definity Administrator and I seem to have an issue. It's life's little story guy meets girl they fall in love etc....happens all the time. But what happens when guy decides to call her at work every 15 minutes to "talk" to her. Well, that's where we come in, right? Only problem is I don't know how to stop this chain of events. It would be unfortunate to lose a perfectly good agent when I could simply block his number from dialing hers.
The essence of the question is this, as if it's not apparent...how do I block a single outside line from calling one of our extensions? Please help. Do I need to set up a vector? If so where do I start. Can it be done?I'd really rather not get our LEC involved if I can do it right here from my Definity.
John

John
We have all been in your shoes before. You can set your system up to route his call anywhere. The bad thing is once he uses a different phone he just bypassed all your hard work. Best thing If allowed, change your agents phone number and agent login. Don't list her name in the company phone list, use her job name or just agent number. Look!!! New Buttons
Same amount of time!

Thanks All Phoneman2

Okay, I'm not allowed to change her agent number and extension. So now what do I do? Is it the whole vector routine? Or is there an easier way?

Still Lost,
John

I'm not sure the vector route is going to work very long. If all else fails have a manager call this guy, and ask him to stop calling her at work. I mean don't upset him, you don't know what he might do. Best thing is to change her ext and login. If he can't find her he'll stop calling (someday). Sorry Look!!! New Buttons
Same amount of time!

Thanks All Phoneman2

Hi,

Are you getting ANI from this guy, what i would suggest is to replace her agent login with a new, unkown one. You could then create a vdn and vecor that points to her new no. unless "ANI Digits = xxx". I'm sure there are more elegant ways of doing it but this will work.

Hope this helps,

Chris

Oops, should of mentioned the vdn is her old agent login - everybody who calls her goes to her phone except him - and you could have some real fun there.......

Chris

Well...

If the guy call from a number, you can just bolck him in the vector:
routeto xxxx if ANI digis=xxxx

Or if you have a CTI system you can do this in route script by database query(put the guy's number in db)

Thanks, Folks. I guess I'll get busy writing that vector now. I really appreciate all of your help and quick responses. Thank-you.
John

John,

While all the answers you received are excellent, and really not much you can do about blocking a specific number, talk to your Human Resource personnel about about the issue. Having someone call in every 15 minutes to reach the same person smacks very close to "stalking". There ia a law against that. Have Human Resources research the law and chances are, you may be able to take legal action against this guy. Armed with that information you just might be able to scare the pants off of this guy (no pun intended)and have him subpoena to defend his actions in court. Good luck.

PS: his phone records can be subpoena by the police/sherrif as evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back