Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blocking a inbound Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

dclynch

IS-IT--Management
Jan 13, 2011
US
Hi we have 3300 MXe's and are wondering if there was anyway to block a inbound call if the CLI is known?

Believe this is only possible using 6160 (intelligent queue)

Thanks I didnt think it was pssible.

If you front end is the Nupoint you can route know numbers to a greet only mailbox so you get answer and then drop. Not technically blocking a call but apparently it works.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

I can confirm there's a way to do this with NuPoint. I have a guide on how to do this if someone needs it.

Yes I would like the document if you don't mind

Turns out I don't have an electronic copy of my instructions on how to do this. But, the gist of it is that you create a Call Director box in NuPoint and point the calls to it, and add a Caller ID Filter for the CLI that you want to block.

Caller ID Filter please carify. I can't recall a caller ID filter in the nupoint.

Think its part of call director where you can route calls based on the caller ID. Check call director help and you might be able to find out what is needed.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

Thanks Guys unfortunately NuPoint is not a option at this site.

Right so you are out of luck.

I see that this question is raised over and over again. How valuable would be a small application or a small device which does just call filtering?

I suppose it would have some value.

Maybe I was dreaming, but I thought I mentioned you can do this quite easily with a cisco router & any IOS that supports voice. Block specific numbers, or partial or complete ranges, all based on CLID. Of course requires PRI and sending your inbound traffic through the router, but certainly doable.

Original MUG/NAMU Charter Member

The point being there are different ways to do it but none are native to the 3300.

I had a similar issue with a switch at a remote site in the US, only way I could do it was via the 6160 IQ programming and forwarding the number to a blank message then dropping the call.

I spoke to 2 different vendors about this, and via the IQ was the only way, even the Telco couldn't do anything which I found hard to believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back