Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blocking a certain mailbox from sending external mail 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitrokid

Technical User
Sep 14, 2005
GB
Hi

I have an inbox that I need to block from sending external mail. I also need it to be able to send internal mail at the same time

We have 2 SMTP connectors, one to route through DNS (Primary) and a backup one to send forward to the SMTP server at our ISP. The reason for this is that some of the addresses that we send to will reject mail coming from the Primary connector, so for those domains we simply raise the cost on the Primary connector and lower the cost on the ISP connector

Anyway, is there anyway i can block the mailbox from sending mail over the net? I've tried adding them to a 'no internet mail' DG, and told the SMTP connectors to reject mail from members of that DG, but it still lets mail through? Am i missing something there, or is that totally the wrong way to do it?

Cheers in advance

stu

I believe you can state in the smtp connector to use a secure IP address under exchange system manager. That will lock down outgoing. So the exchange server can receive an outgoing email run it through the filters and send it to the smtp server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back