Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blocked number.... but where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vvhitekid2

Technical User
Jul 8, 2003
US
Should be a simple question: I have an Opt 11. We have come accross a number that we are unable to reach from the office. The number is reachable outside the office (from cell phones and stuff). My question:

Other than looking in LD90 for the NPA, where else should I be checking for this blocked telephone number?

Another interesting point is that it give a fast busy right after dialing the 7th digit (not including the 9 to get out).

So after dialing, 9,1NPA-NXX-X i get busy.

Thanks in advance.

i think you are going to have to check your BARS. If you're getting a fast busy after what i think is the eighth digit (9,1,NPA-NXX is eight digits) it seems there is something being denied under that NXX. try printing out that NXX and post it if you want.

Ok. I do the following:

REQ prt
CUST 0
FEAT net
TRAN ac1
TYPE npa

NPA 1412

ESN073

NPA ***

MEM AVAIL: (U/P): 323693 USED: 249746 TOT: 573439
DISK RECS AVAIL: 451
REQ prt
CUST 0
FEAT net
TRAN ac1
TYPE nxx

NXX 633

ESN073

ESN073: Conflict with another NPA, NXX.

I don't know what it is conflicting with.:-/

...where the NPA: 412 and the NXX: 633. And we use 1+number

to start, your NPA 412 is conflicting with what's probably programmed as an SPN. go back to LD 90 and print SPN instead of NPA and look for 1412 or something that starts with 1412. Are all your other area codes programmed as NPAs? Sounds like 412 was programmed as an SPN in order to block numbers on it. Check the SPNs and post whatever shows that's got anything to do with 1412.

eh... same thing
REQ prt
CUST 0
FEAT net
TRAN ac1
TYPE spn

SPN 1412

ESN073

SPN 412

ESN073 - Conflict with another NPA, NXX

Additionally, I have looked at the entire list for NPA, and it is not programmed in there. All of the others ARE. I can not add it, as it gives me the same error about it conflicting with another NPA/NXX. Not sure where to go from here. I looked under all other options for TYPE: in load 90, and 1412 doesn't appear to be in any of them.

Someone has programmed your NPA's in short form. What I mean is instead of 1412, they probably inputted it as 14. One of my sites is set up that way as SPN 14. Try it and see if it works.

Oh, and if 14 doesn't work, then do it as 141 on both SPN and NPA. It has to be one of those scenarios. The nice thing about building NPA's that way is every single area code beginning with 4 is there. You don't have to take the time to add 412, 415, 467, 489, etc. 8 entries and you have all of the NPA's in your PBX.

I just got it. It was indeed under NXX as 1412. Which doesn't make any sense to me. I removed it, and added it to NPA with correct RLI, and am assuming it will work in the morning (not on site).

I didn't see it the first time i looked because I was just looking for 412 in the nxx. Whatever.

Thanks to all once again for all the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back