Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blocked Images from Yahoo Photos 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnnieBlueEyes

Technical User
Nov 22, 2004
US
I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to post this question, but I didn't see a forum for Internet issues, which I believe this falls into. I have posted photos onto my Yahoo photo account and have shared them via an e-mail invitation. One of the recipients was viewing the photos and saw a picture of herself that she felt was horrible, horrible, horrible (you know how vain we women are!) She wanted to delete the photo so no one would see it, not knowing that she couldn't do this. When she right-clicked on the photo, the closest thing she saw was "Block images from us.a2.yahoofs.xxxxx." This, of course, ended up blocking all images. She does, however, see all the file names listed in the albums.

This user accessed the photos through the link provided in the e-mail (she uses Outlook Express) and her default browser is Mozilla Firefox. Her O/S is XP. I have tried the following, all of which have failed to allow her to view the images again:

1. Looked through Firefox to see if I could find where, if anyplace, blocked websites are listed. I couldn't find any list.

2. Asked user to right-click on the file name and select Reload. When I was trying to emulate what she did on my end, I selected Blocked images... and when I right-clicked again, I had the option of just unchecking the blocked images selection. She didn't have the option to uncheck, it didn't show again as an option.

3. I then made the 2 albums public instead of private and sent her the link to access them. No luck, the same thing happened.

Does anyone have a clue as to how we can unblock these images so she can view the albums? I would just send her the photos but there are about 200 of them, so it really isn't an option. BTW, I don't have physical access to her computer, so I have to instruct via e-mail or over the phone.

Thanks for ANY advice you can give me.

Anne

In Firefox, go to Tools, Options, Content. Go to the Load Images line and click the Exceptions button. Remove the website from that list.

I can't believe I missed that! I looked there but didn't read the explanation well enough. There wasn't anything in the content on my computer,which is one of the reasons it's much better to actually be at the computer that's experiencing the problem!

Thank you soooooo much for the info and the quick response!!!!

Anne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back