Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Block specific incoming numbers? 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jalapeno

MIS
Nov 12, 2001
US
Is there a way to block specific phone numbers on a G3si? I got a couple jokers out there that like to call certain people every 2 minutes all day long.

We have one PRI and pretty much all software packages installed.

I already called our PRI vendor and they said they can only block entire area codes.

Just an question to the points mentioned by Kris for blocking what if the customer has more than one trunks for the incoming call? In this situation when the calls lands on the other trunk it definetely land on the extension without going to the VDN.
What I suggest is we can do the ars digit conversion for all incoming calls for this DID extension and route it to the VDN , in this case any calls landing on the pbx from any trunk for this DID line will directly go to the VDN instead of the extension.

regards,
defman

While this looks to be a good way to block a specific ANI from reaching a specific station, has anyone found a good way to block a specific ANI from reaching all station?

Yes, there is a really good way of blocking a specific ANI from reaching all stations.

It works really great, basically you would use a EC500 license in a different way.

You add a XMOBILE station related to the specific ANI you want to block.
The XMOBILE station then has a COR assigned with the calling party restriction set to origination

Worked when I tested it, and now is being considered by a customer that has a DID range of 3000 numbers and has a lot op pranck calls.
The pranck caller just switched from DID so the VDN stuff was to much work.

Please let me know if the information that was provided is helpfull.
Edwin Plat
A.K.A. Europe

Something that would simple to do is to set up a coverage path on the extensions that are receiving the calls. On the cover path have everything set as usual but no on send all calls. Set up a next linkage and have no on everything on this cover path except send all calls and change it to yes. When they get a call from that number hit sac or send all calls. From there it can get fun. I have routed some to an announcement pack with a message that I have recorded. " Cant repeated it here" LOL. Or a remote coverage path to the prayer hotline. I have done that too . Basically to where ever you want.

Mikey

Europe, thanks for the suggestion. We've been recently hit with a storm of TeleMarketing calls, running through our DID's. I remembered that there was a recently thread on the subject, and implemeted the XMOBILE station with the restricted COR. Then I used the ISDN public-unknown to change my extra station to the offending ANI to make sure I had set everything up correctly - it works like a charm!

I'll be using this method for all my incoming call blocking needs from now on.

Susan
[sup]Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live. - Mark Twain[/sup]

I have a similar problem, and the calls are from one area
code, and come in over one trunk.

I DO NOT HAVE vectoring !!!!

I also realize that ARS is for OUTGOING...

Is there a way I can have this entire area code blocked
from making INCOMING calls on that trunk?

We have 300 DID’s, and MCI is currently running through all of them. I can see them in my CDR reports. We’ve received 35 calls in 3 hours. I have VDN’s & Vectoring on, but I do not have XMOBILE station licenses. Is there anything anyone can think of? I’ve told MCI 3 times personally to remove our calls from the calling list, but they say they can only do it for the one number that was called. I’m getting a lot of complaints to me to get something done, but I can’t find anything that can be done globally. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

this works great except for the fact that when the caller we were having pressed *67 to block caller ID - he still got through and to make things worse - it showed up with just "Ameritech ISDN" as display instead of his number, so we didnt know if the call was valid or not.

Is there a workaround for people who press *67?

pbxman
Systems Administrator

Please let Tek-Tips members know their posts were helpful.

Europe,

Where do you actually set the ANI that you want to block using the EC500 feature?

You put the ANI you want to block in the cellular field of the xmobile station:

CELL PHONE NUMBER MAPPING
Dial Prefix:
Cell Phone Number:

In the future everything will work...

If you are really having that much of a problem that you have to do all that to block a person, why not invest into a securelogix voice data firewall.

We had someone calling from all over europe and harrassing our exec's. I week of securelogix stopped it. It also blocks war dialing and unauthorized isp calls out.

I looked at the securelogix telewall a couple years ago...but soon realized the ROI was not worth it. They are very expensive and only save you money if you are a big company. IMHO.

In the future everything will work...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back