Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Block Remote Profile from loading on servers 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auger282

MIS
Sep 27, 2003
We are starting to play with remote profiles.. and we're finding that when we log into our servers its pushing down the remote profiles as well.

Is it possible to prevent remote profiles from loading on specific machines? ... we would rather it create a blank local profile to use on the servers.

Active Directory with windows 2003 servers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I'm guessing you mean roaming profiles, right ? If so, then yea, you can stop them from loading on certain machines through group policy - it's under computer configuration > admin templates > system > user profiles - there's a policy called "only allow local profiles". Just enable this and it will prevent the roaming profiles from loading.

As far as I remember however, you will need to delete the cached copy of the roaming profile before doing this. I could be wrong, but it's no harm to do it anyway

Hope this helps

Irish Poetry - Karen O'Connor
Irish Poetry and Short Stories - Doghouse Books
Garten und Landschaftsbau

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back