Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Block Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbstudent

Programmer
Feb 14, 2006
US

Hey Gurus does anybody know if block recovery can be done in Oracle Standard Edition? Thanks in advance.

Student,

Actually, unless I'm missing the point of your question, whenever Oracle executes a "RECOVER DATABASE..." command, whether it is an implicit or explict recovery, the recovery algorithm always uses block recovery, no matter how old the version of Oracle. That is the only method by which Oracle can assure a consistent recovery that reflects the most recently committed data integrity.

Let us know if this does not satisfactorily answer your question.

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[I can provide you with low-cost, remote Database Administration services: see our website and contact me via www.dasages.com]

Sorry i wasn't so clear. I received an error indicating that i had an block corruption in my database. Since i was backing up the database using RMAN utility i was going to recover the block using Rman RECOVER FILE command as in RECOVER FILE 11, BLOCK 2954; but then i thought i had read somewhere that's option is not available with the standard edition. I will go ahead and try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back