Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Block port 81

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunatiic

IS-IT--Management
Sep 4, 2002
SE
I have Raptor Firewall 6.5 for Windows NT.

How do I block port 81 inbound and outbound to get rid of the new virus? Does a deny-rule win over a allow-rule if the protocol exists in both rules?

Thanks in advance.

Deny rules are suppossed to take precedence. Do you have an allow rule letting port 81 in/out? Port 81 isn't even in the default protocol list, so it had to have been a special rule created.

I have created a new protocol for this TCP port 81. I have also created a rule that denies all traffic from local entity to universe*.

And there inst any rules allowing traffic from universe to our computers.

Maybe it even better to disable the port in the configuration file?

Whats your opionon?

Why would you create a protocol and rule to allow, if you don't use this port? By default, with any raptor product all ports are in deny mode unless you open a port to pass traffic. I have 6.5 and SGS 5420 appliance(raptor 8.0 w/ mobile) and both are configured very closely the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back