Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

block outging callID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joekske

Technical User
Oct 11, 2010
BE
Hi all,

I was wondering if it's possible to block your out going CLI so you call anonymous?
We have a MiVoice Business on Release level: 8.0 SP3 PR1

(I am hoping that it's an option in the class of service that I overlooked)

Cheers

Joekske

When placing CPN Restriction to yes in the sip peer profile it works to make anonymous calls. But this is then for all calls, I want this on a extention per extention basis.

Cheers

Jo

What type of trunks?

SIP needs a peer to block ID
PRI needs to be setup for Call by Call
Analog would need a dedicated trunk

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

If sip, I think making the user private in the telephone directory will make it do anonyomous calls. I also think the is a feature to do this per call controlled on the user end

thats correct jpruder
there is a feature access code for privacy that you can dial before the call or you can make the user private

making the user private blocks their number internally as well
some carriers allow the insertion of an access code to block , in AU telstra allow *67 as a prefix and TPG and Internode allow 1831 to be added as the call is sent to line

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Feature added in 7.0 SP1

[tt]New feature access code, Private Caller, allows a caller to hide its identity to the called party (on a per call basis). Both the name and number will be suppressed and a privacy indication will be displayed on the called device when the user dials the Private Caller FAC before dialing the destination number. Applies to internal and external (SIP trunks only) calls.[/tt]

With SIP, I setup a specific SIP peer to block ID and setup an alternate ARS code to access it.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

I have done a test with the FAC private caller. This is working so thx for that reply.

As the putting CPN Restriction to yes in the sip peer profile works we are going to let support creat new routes to our 4 SBC's.

Joekske,
We also use MIVB 8 + SIP.
We created two COR's.
e.g. 5 for national without CLI and 15 for national with CLI.
So by adding a '1' at each users COR (5 -> 15), the users calls with his CLI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back