Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Block Multiple Numbers 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

vladcbv

IS-IT--Management
Jul 20, 2015
RO
Hi all,

I have a customer that has developed in time a loong list of numbers that are blocked. For blocking a number I have created for each one an ICR and send it to an dummy extension.

Is there a way to block multiple numbers in one go ? Instead of having 20 call routes for each number?

Vlad C.

Unless there is a recognisable pattern to the numbers then you will always need to configure individual entries for each.

Even if you routed all calls initially to a Voicemail Pro module and did the barring through that you would still need to build some match for each number to block so the same amount of work but in a different place.

The idea of incoming (and outgoing) blacklists would be great but it doesn't exist.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Ok,

thank you for your answer :)

I think it can be done with help of VMPROModule and variable routing.

Create a VM Module for every DDI and Put the blocked numbers in the variable routing (max 15) if you need more 15 numbers you can put 2 or more behind each other.
When number matched then Disconnect call. No match then transfer to destination.

If your DDI numbers matches the last digest of the intern number you only need 1 module because you can use the DDI variable and strip the first numbers to match you internal number.

Is that really easier than doing it in ICR? =)

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Unless the Specific field in a Test Variable action could contain multiple values (for example a simple comma separated list) then you'd still be stuck with an action for each blocked number so the same pain as ICR.

... @resi70: Unless you meant the Variable Routing action (which you did) which can take a whole list of numbers and numbers including wildcards and so is the ideal candidate for a multiple number blacklist module.

I'd forgotten that one as its hidden in the Telephony actions rather than the Condition actions like all the other variable compare functions (well that's my excuse). Have a star.

20 call routes for each number, or the use of VM modules....why?
This is easily done with just one entry per number, that's as good as it gets no matter which way you do it, so it may as well be done in ICR.

Incoming number - * (just a star)
Incoming CLI - Number to block
Destination - whatever (I use barred shortcode)

That's all you need, that will match no matter what DDI they call :)

Well amriddle01 that's is indeed the best way. Should have thought about it myself. [thumbsup2].

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back