Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Block Multiple Numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

altmank

Technical User
Jul 3, 2012
US
How do you block multiple numbers using ICR when Avaya indicates you cannot have duplicates using the * for incoming number?

It depends on the type of trunking you are using, more than anything. If you are trying to block a range of numbers like 212555XXXX, this will block everything in the 212555 range. If you want to just block individual numbers build your ICRs to have the same incoming number but different CLI (each one is different so no duplicates) and send them to busy or VM that states number OOS.

~Andy

Hmm, maybe the duplicate error was just a result of not running validation after saving the copy that I edited. It sounds like it works as I thought it did.

I just monitor traced a spam call where the originator spoofed the incoming number instead of the ICLID.
The incoming number was not in the owned range either.
It passed using the default route.
Then the spammers made a ga-jillion calls all at once.
ICLID had no number or name over PRI
They spammed a range so had to add a route to kill the range.

spamity spammers should get the spam spammed out of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back