Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Block Incoming Calls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojomomo

Technical User
Apr 9, 2004
US
Does anyone know a way to block incoming calls to a Hicom 150 PBX? Our company routinely gets harrasement calls and I need a way to block specific numbers. Any help would be greatly appreciated by our receptionist!!

I ventured down this road before and was told there wasn't a way to block specific incoming numbers. It seems that can only be done on a cell phone at this point. However, you can report the calls to your local carrier (with Verizon in NY, you dial the 'hotline' number and follow the prompts).

I guess, it will be only possible with a external application. Look at , there you can find a good tapi-driver for the Hicom-systems. There you will find also a lot of aplications. With the procall-application it is possible to make selective call-diversions. With that you can divert the call to a non-existing extension. Or better - to a answering machine with a nice text :) . If that ist not possible, look at , there you can find the same, but more expensive.

Bye
Niels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back