Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

block incoming caller R2 CAS Trunks

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonnieDio1

Technical User
Nov 21, 2011
BR
Is there possible block a incoming number to the HiPath 4000 v6 from PSTN CAS R2 Trunks?. Thanks

Hi
I've tried it this way, but it did not work ...
In Trunks ISDN it works perfectly ?
ISDN is TDCSU
CAS is TACSU

Thanks

It might not be possible RonnieDio1
Can you change the circuits to SIP or ISDN ?

From looking at the docs, it seems the 4K will request the calling party info either before or after receiving the called party. But I don't know enough about it to advise as have never dealt with this signalling. MFCTA AMO is where you can nip & tuck for MFC R2, maybe it's possible there to either stop the 4K requesting it or make 4K discard it if received.

This Cisco doc gives a reasonable quick call flow but their definition of A5 and A3 signal does not agree with Edoku. Not surprising as there a few different implementations of this signalling. You can see roughly how the signalling is working though.

MFCTA AMO is where I would be looking but there's a lot of parameters in there. You need to read the section in Edoku on MFC-R2 signalling and also the AMO guide for MFCTA. I'm not sure how easy it is to undo any MFCTA changes you make because there is no ADD, no DEL, only CHAnge. I would make any changes in the evening so I could reload it, if it came to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back