Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Block Forward to 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

hsantos

Technical User
Feb 4, 2004
CA
I just realized that if I set my phone to Forward to 9
And if I call my extension I get a dial tone.
I know it is a major security issue.

I have set the forward to forward to 4 or 12 digits based on the person position.
But how can I block the forward to 9... if someone by "mistake" just enters one digit... and that digit is 9...

Basically I need to block forward to only one digit. Minimum digits needs to be 4.

CFTA in CDB is set to NO

How can I fix this situation????

Thanks

You may want to look into the Call Fwd External feature. When allowed, the user can get a dial tone by the method you described. In my system, all users are denied unless specifically requested.

I need the CFXA to be allowed since we have a lot of people on the road and they need to forward to their cell phone or home number.

Is there any other way that I ca set a minimum of 4 digits to be dialed?

The base recomendation that I have is that if you need CFXA for forwarding to peoples mobiles, then setup phantoms with dcfw to the mobile. then forward the user to their phantom. That way you can have cfxd on the user but cfxa on the phantom. You also then control what numbers are allowed. Change Control..

Sounds a pain, but set this up for a firm with several hundred mobiles. Takes a little time, but can save a LOT of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back