Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Block Caller ID/ANI Outbound for specifc extensions 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

telcomwork

Technical User
Mar 2, 2002
US
Is this possible? I only want to block caller-ID/ANI for a few of extension not everyone.

I always thought that if I placed a call on a Non-DID I setup in the PBX that the ANI that would pass would be the BTN of the company? I was told by an MCI tech that ISDN PRI this is not the case, the PBX overrides their information.

My issue is I have a reqiuested to block ANI for some of our agents. I thought for sure I have assigned a NON-DID and the BTN was passed but based on the last piece of information I am finding from MCI I'm at a lost how to accomplish this.

What am I missing to accomplish this?

Apologies one more point of clarification, besides using the CPN-Blk. I need this to be automatic if possible without user intervention that can controll if it's blocked or un-blocked

I ended up just using a block out side our DID and removing the pub for the entire range.

Sorry to hear that you went through all that trouble.

You can change the Caller ID your system sends out using the command ch isdn public-unknown-numbering, or ch public-unknown-numbering.

You can change the outgoing Caller ID for a range of extensions down to individual extenions.

As for an "automatic" setup to turn this on or off at will, I'm not sure how you would do this.

You can stop or allow caller id on a extension by extension basis by going to the station form and go to page 2 and set
"Per Station CPN - Send Calling Number? " to either "r" for restrict or "Y" to allow,leaving it blank will also send whatever you have in your isdn pub screen.

I missed the station form one.. I ended up blockin with non-DID in the pub. Thanks for the replies!

I don't have this on the staiton form? "Per Station CPN - Send Calling Number

Never mind. Not sure if anyone has had this happen to them before but I removed and added it to the station I was trying to block and now it shows. What the heck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back