Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Block an outgoing number 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitechbuzz

Technical User
Oct 23, 2002
NZ
Hi Guys
I have a MD110 BC12 I need to block anyone calling number 16x.
The reason is that 16x gives a divert for all incoming calls to a preset number and no password is required. Have had this happen twice lately, been OK for 10 years. Sorry I can't remember the procedure to block it in tables.
Many thanks for help in advance
Cheers Brian

Cheers Brian
To see is to know To Know is to see

NADAP:NUMTYP=CD;

Look for 16 in the table

If you want to remove it from being diallable for anyone do

NACDR:NUM=16;

If you only wanted to bar it for some people, you would specify the CDCATs you want to remove it for

Hi TBLuk Will try it on Monday when I get to work. Many thanks Brian

Cheers Brian

Hi Tbuk Yes it works fine Many thanks
Brian

Cheers Brian

This will not work for any extension with a TRAF value of xx1515xx. Another way to achieve this is to use least cost routing to route the call to a route with no trunks assigned.

Hi Eriser very sneaky Will keep it in mind if I have further trouble as I don't think I have any with that Cat in the system
Many thanks Brian

Cheers Brian

and no well maintained system should have any traf 15 extensions :)

Apart from testing purposes of course, these are the types of things which allow fraud to take place. TCMAP a culprit too.

To come at the problem from another direction....why not change the diversion code to something that won't generate this problem?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
umm,it IS supposed to do that, right??

Hi Delster
16xx is in the Telco so I have no control over that.
TBLuk's solution worked and as we don't dial 16 for anything else I blocked 16xx tested and have had no further problems.
Cheers Brian

Cheers Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back