Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Block 411 calls-Meridian 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexs0628

MIS
Mar 25, 2002
US
Just got a new Meridian 1. The training was non-existent from Ameritech. The books are a pain to use. How do I block 411 calls?

Thanks!

You have to go into ld 90 and DENY 411 from all your NPA, NXX and SPN's.
REQ chg
CUST 0
FEAT net
TRAN ac1 or ac2
TYPE npa or nxx or spn

NPA 1816
RLI
SDRR deny
DENY 411
DENY ...enter any other deny codes you might have and return out to the REQ prompt.
Thank you for the help,
Woodro

I have to deny 411 for every area code? That's the only way? No way to do this under NCOS?

No you will have to deny on every nxx,npa and spn.
I wrote a procomm script to build these if you like I'll send it to you. Thank you for the help,
Woodro

That would be helpful. Thanks. My email address is
aschroeder@meyercord.com

I have sent it to you. Check your email. Thank you for the help,
Woodro

hey guys,
sorry to butt in, but could i bum a copy of that procomm script as well?
many thanks, jeff

mailto:jeff.deyo@centurytel.com

HI Alexs0628,

I just saw your post about restricting 411 and the replies. N11 codes do NOT have area codes(NPAs)! You usually find the N11 codes in the SPN tables in LD90. All you should have to do is remove the code(s) you don't want using the OUT request. Unless you have a strange dialing plan that does not follow the NANPA requiremewnts this is all you should have to do.....

Hope this helps!...JIM....

Jim,

Thanks, that did the trick! Now I'll just sit back and send all those to complain to the Controller since he's the one who wanted the service blocked.

Jim,
How then do you build all possible npa and nxx(200-999)or(1200-1999)and restrict the 555 and 411 calls from being made. If you dial a 1 plus NPA and then 555-1212, will the call not go thru? Unless the 555 is denyed it will go thru.
any suggestions to try would be appreciated. Cust wants No 555-1212 calls or 411 calls going out even if they dial another area code or local.
Thank you for the help,
Woodro

Can you blocke 411 and force them to enter thier AUX Code?

HI Woodro,

Remember, N11 codes like 411 are NOT NXX codes and are handled in the SPN table per my previous reply. Now in the case of the 555 codes, these are definitely NXX codes, so all the rules etc. would apply. There are several ways to restrict NXX codes depending on the overall structure of the routing lists and tables that make up the dialing plan for the switch or your Exchange or Rate area. For example, here in southern California, with all the area codes many local and zone calls are 10 digit dialed calls. So depending upon what calls the customer wants to allow or restrict will determine some of the choices you would use in building the tables. Our local directory assistance is 411 within the home NPA, but all other DA in California or outstate is reached by 1+NPA+555-1212. Some areas in other states use 555-1212 without an NPA. For the purposes of pbx routing you can't lump "411" and "555" together. So you have the "DENY" field in the LD90 NPA tables and you have Route List Indexes, FCAS, DMI, etc using LD86 & LD87 to build whatever will work for your situation. Of course all your 7-digit NXX codes would go in NXX tables in LD90. You can really get elaborate if you need to!

In reply to your specific question, you would probably use the DENY "555" in the NPA table of LD90 and "OUT" 411 in SPN. You can also control this by NCOS and FRL.

One practice I don't do here is build an NXX table in LD90 with every NXX, 200-999, because you don't know what exchange will be assigned to future codes. One other thought is that here in California we have permissive 1+NPA+NXX-XXXX dialing and the possiblity of OVERLAY NPAs.....

Food for thought....hope this helps!

......JIM......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back