Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Block 20000 Outgoing Numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avayell

IS-IT--Management
Mar 18, 2008
GR
My customer needs to block about 20.000 outgoing numbers for legal reasons. I am thinking of trying to send all calls to VMPRO and compare the $KEY with the 20.000 numbers through a database. I already have the database license. Do you think something like that is possible? Any clarifications would be appreciated.

Good luck sending the call out via voicemail. I think you might be better off trying to import them into shortcodes. if you already have the list, it might not take long if you do it in Excel.

ACSS - SME
General Geek

You mean shortcodes in Manager? Wouldn t 20.000 shortcodes be a pretty heavy load for IPO?

Yes, I wouldn't do that.... I am guessing they aren't sequential/blocked together at all? :)

Exactly. They are not sequential. Plain random numbers. This is why i am thinking of the database.

Probably the only sensible way, it's certainly possible and not difficult once you figure the database dipping part out, which in itself isn't that hard. Just ensure you have enough VM ports to account for the increased load (though the port will not be in use for very long) :)

Thank you both. I will give it a try and let you know.

It is done. 20.000 numbers are being blocked from outgoing using VMPRO and Ms Access. VMPRO is a great product.

Thanks for your answers.

SC N:
Feature: Bared

Even if the intended destination is not on the Do not call list they probably still dont want the call :)

if you have to do this then either a CTI application to make the calls (predictive dialer - ugh) or your solution of geting VM pro to do a database check before transfering the calls are probably the best options.

CTI would be the better route as it does not tie up VM Ports.

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Sorry for the delay.
Bellow you will find the VMPRO database as also the MS ACCESS database.

Link

Link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back