Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blob data type

Status
Not open for further replies.

chendes

Technical User
Dec 4, 2003
GB
I am trying to insert a picture on an Access97 form using data from SQL 2000 using ODBC to access the data. The pictures in the SQL 2000 are Blobs. Is there anyway that I can solve this problem.

What is the datatype for the field where the BLOB will be stored defined as?

Steve

I haven't assigned a data type to it yet as I am not sure what type to assign but it will be something like a bound object frame? I am I heading in the right ditrection?

The table data type is correct when you add the field from the table to your form it will be a bound object frame that will make you double click in order to see the contents.

Steve

I have set it up now and when i double click to view I get an error saying "had difficulty communicating with the ole server" start it outside of access and try the process again. Any ideas?

Hello,
I am trying the same thing with an Oracle database. I get the same error message on the Access form when I click on the bound ole object?
Did you find a solution or workaround?

Thanks,
rm

Microsoft Knowlegbase Article 244661

blah, blah blah...

"Oracle 8.x-specific data types, such as CLOB, BLOB, BFILE, NCHAR, NCLOB, and NVARCHAR2, are not supported by Access"

Go .Net Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back