Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BLICPUREL()

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve1222

Technical User
Jan 7, 2003
US
You know sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees.
I am using Clipper 5.2E and I have just upgraded to Blinker 7. With the Blinker I see there is a function called BLICPUREL() which will release time slices back to the computer and thus not load down the cpu.

For some reason I can not get my program to compile with this function. I get the error:
BLINKER : 1115 : MAIN.OBJ(MAIN) : 'BLICPUREL' : unresolved external

I was replacing the old ft_onidle( {||ft_iamidle()} ) as used from the LIBRARY NANFOR in hopes that the time release would work while in debug mode.

Here is the sample beginning code:

FUNCTION doit()
&& #IFDEF DEBUG
&& #ELSE
&& ft_onidle( {||ft_iamidle()} )
&& #ENDIF
BLICPUREL()

Thanks
Steve

That needs to be declared as an external procedure to your program. Check the syntax for this using Blinker 7.0--request and external statements.

Best Regards,
David Tracy

Have a look at your linkscript and make sure everything needed is included.

Rob.

Ask those nice people at Blink Inc. I'm sure that they will tell you.

Ian Boys
DTE Systems Ltd

Ian Boys,

When you said "Ask those nice people at Blink Inc. I'm sure that they will tell you. " I could not stop laughing. They are the most anti-customer service people I have never met or talked to or gotten a reply back to my e-mail.

When I ordered my Blinker 7.0 from them, it took 9 weeks after my credit card was charged for the software to arrive. Note that I am only located 250 miles from their offices.

If it wasn't for a good piece of software, I would have gone another route.

Ian Boys,

When you said "Ask those nice people at Blink Inc. I'm sure that they will tell you. " I could not stop laughing. They are the most anti-customer service people I have never met or talked to or gotten a reply back to my e-mail.

When I ordered my Blinker 7.0 from them, it took 9 weeks after my credit card was charged for the software to arrive. Note that I am only located 250 miles from their offices.

If it wasn't for a good peice of software, I would have gone another route.

That's less than 4 miles a day, an average of 0.165 miles per hour!

My gripe is that they make a tiny but significant change, increase the number on the end a little bit and charge a fortune for the new release.

Ian Boys
DTE Systems Ltd

I think you need to include the BlxClp52.lib library file.

Hope that helps... but a bit late I expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.