Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

blf manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldrake

MIS
Jun 28, 2008
IT
I trie to use this software but i dont understand why use it.
I thing is for voip, and i thin voib card must have as gateway a pc where is installed blf?
or voip phone ?

Hi Goldrake

BLF means Busy Lamp Field. The BLF manager PC program turns on network number supervision lamps on LG keyset connected to e.g. ipLDK-24/50/100/300/600.
LG iPECS hsa this feature build-in.
You need to install your BLF manager program on a PC, that is connected to the VoIP network. The PC must never be switched off.

PGM 321 -- NET Supplementary Attribute

PGM 321 index 2: Here you write the TCP port for the BLF manager. Port 9000 is default.
PGM 321 punkt 3: Here you write the UDP port for the BLF manager. Port 9001 is default.
PGM 321 punkt 4: Here you write the IP address for the PC, where the BLF manager program is installed.
The rest of PGM321 should not be changed.
The BLF manager PC should be installed on the same network where the VOIB board and the LANU is installed.
The PC for the BLF manager can be the default gateway for the VoIP network, if it is a closed network, otherwise let the routers ip address be the default gateway for the VoIP network.
Use BLF manager software 1.1Ag.
///doktor

Hi doktor,

i have only 1 Lg voip Phone and i put it in a separate house.
Do you think is better to have 1 pc whit blf or nothing.
If pc switch off what happend? nothing work !
Lanu in this case is optional or is need.

Hi goldrake

If you only have one IP phone, it is a bit over kill to install a BLF manager. This requires a PC - only for this purpose, and the PC has to be switched on at all times.
A LANU is needed to get it to operate!
///doktor

///doktor

Hi doktor,

goodevening.
My vendor, i think (as you can know from my questionS) tell me, and tomorrow i hope it give me the list , than it's no necessasy blf manager and lanu whit ipldk 100 to view lamp on remote ipphone. He tell me that i need only open some port on router (but i don't understant if on local router or remote router as i haven't list) on addition to port opened for comunication.
do you know something?

I think that you have to invest too much money to obtain the BLF funtionality just for one ip phone.
With the ipLDK-100 it is needed to have one PC with the BLF manager program running, and one LANU board.
Some ports need also to be opened in your router, that is right.

///doktor

Hi doktor,

today i install 1 ipecs 7024ip lcd phone and without any blkmanager i can view the busy phone.
I want to share this whit you.
i just open all udp port (but i think only 6254 is needee for multicast) to phone ip in remote site
i open 8002/8003/6254/5588 udp port system site.

Hi Goldrake

Let me know what system of ipLDK you use and the software level. (Trans/PGM+72).

///doktor

I am puzzled that you can see a busy lamp on a LIP-7024 phone connected to an ipLDK-100 3.7Ce WITHOUT a BLF manager PC program....
But it is very good to know this.

///doktor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back