Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bleed larger than 0.5"? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

artguy

Technical User
Feb 2, 2001
US
Sorry for the simple question...

I can't find where to modify the paste board size so I can extend my bleed of the page 0.875". Currently, when you create a page in Quark 4.1, it gives you approximately 0.5" on top and bottom to extend your print job paste the page size and several inches on either side.

The print company's specs require 0.875" top and bottom. Is there a way to do this without creating a page the size including the bleed size and placing my own registration/crop marks?

Bob

Create page to trim size, then extend bits of the page that need to bleed off. Then when you print the job the printer can add how ever much they want. If you can't fix it in 20 call someone who can.

I'm sorry, I don't think I asked my question properly. I think what you are describing is just simply bleeding the elements off the page. What I am attempting to do is bleed it 0.875" past the top and bottom trim size. Quark only gives you a little over 0.5" top and bottom to bleed any element. I need to find a way to make that margin BEYOND the page size larger somehow.

Thanks.

Bob

Find a new printer we work with .125 bleed
Greg

K & G Design
kgdesign@warwick.net

The print job is a binder and the supplier/printer requires that much bleed to wrap it around the edge of the binder and then paste the inside cover over that to finish it off. I'm thinking that is why they require so much bleed. I'm probably going to end up laying it out in Adobe Illustrator or something if there isn't a way in Quark.

Bob

create the DOC size to include the Binder size Greg

K & G Design
kgdesign@warwick.net

Not my first choice but seemingly what I will be forced to do. Thanks.

Bob

You can use PasterboardXT for enlarging p.board.

Careful with Pasteboard XT! Many have had issues with this (in certain versions). It becomes a necessary XTension when you use it, so you may have to ship it to your printer. Be sure to deactivate it between sessions to keep it from being necessary with every file you make.
Great idea, but it requires careful use.

Oh yeah. I forgot about using that extension. Thanks for the reminder. I'll have to dig that one out again. I used that years ago and haven't thought of it since. Must be getting old.

Thanks.

Bob

AHHH! Do not use Pasteboard XT.

I work in a print shop, I hate that XT.

Also what kind of printer need almost an inch of bleed? My god! are their brindry peaople that bad at cutting!! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back