Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BlazeFind Malware: Cannot use Recovery Console

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dougall999

IS-IT--Management
Oct 18, 2004
GB
My friend is suffering from the BlazeFind Malware problem where you log into the computer and it logs straight back out again. I have read this thread which contains really usedful informarion (thread779-924408).

However when accessing Recovery Console via the XP Pro CD, we cannot get passed the admin password. We are using the password for his profile and he thinks he was an administrator but no way to be sure, leaving it blank does not work either and he has no other passwords. i don't think it would make any difference but its a Sony Vaio notebook.

He has recovery disks but he would lose his data if we used them. Any ideas on how the data could be saved?

It is a malware remnent.

Download and run the 15-day trial of Giant Antispyware (my trialware antitrojan of the month):
Faq608-4650 also provides additonal removal tools if you want to do this by yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back