Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blank TO: field in GW6

Status
Not open for further replies.

snorkel

MIS
Mar 26, 2002
US
This is an intermittent "freaky" problem. Server and many clients are at 6.0.2 patch level. Sometimes when a user sends a message to Joe Bob and CCs Mary Jane, Mary Jane can't see any name in the TO: field. If you forward the message, it's still not there. If you Right Click and look at properties, there is NO TO: field listed at all.

Weird, weird, weird and it's very random. Happens to multiple users. Help old Snorkel out if you can - I'm too old for this.

We have just upgraded to Groupwise 6 and one of our users is having this problem. Did you ever find out how to fix it?

Nope!!! It still happens along with the following: "on vacation" autoreply rules don't show the sender in the FROM field. Weird. By the way, we're on GW 6.5 on the server side, but 6.0 still on the clients.

Must be a bug that Novell doesn't know about yet.

John

We had a sim problem but it was only one uses and what we did was to recopy the *vew files and it corrected that for us. We think the vew was corupt and some kinda way sending BC instead of CC.

You are talking about a different problem than what we have since you are mentioning cc: and bc: I am talking about BLANK to field when receiving an auto-reply. Our second problem is blank TO fields sometimes when a user is CC:ed, they can't see who the TO person was.

Also, your solution is not a solution because as part of upgrading to GW6.5, you have to copy NEW VEW files to the server which replaces the old ones. I did this and still saw the problem.

John

I just recently upgraded to GroupWise 6.0 sp2 and now some of my users have the very same problem with vacation rules.

Anyone hear of a fix yet?

This situation occurs in our environment when the address in the CC box is the user's GroupWise Internet address. This does not occur when the user's internal GroupWise address is used.

You can test this by sending two test messages to your home account-one with the GroupWise Internet address in the CC box and the second with the internal address in the CC box.

To be honest guys, it would be best to upgrade to GroupWise v6.5 if possible as it is far better (the client is much much much better!).

Check your Novell License Agreement, you can probably upgrade for free... make sure you read the Technical Documents before upgrading.

Rodboy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back