Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blank text fields after conversion to 2007 (from 2000) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hesaf

IS-IT--Management
Aug 12, 2008
EU
Hi,
reading the forum I noticed that this issue was reported but no solution was presented. We have SP1 installed.
What can be done about it?
I guess that it appears when the MPP file is opened with MSP2007 and saved as MSP2000.

Advice is appreciated

e.g. text1 which we use internally for the owner of a deliverable/task. We have renamed the text1 field therefore as 'Owner' in MSP2000. I'm not sure whether that has anything to do with it.

I was hoping you were going to mention one of the Enterprise Text fields. I'll have to do further research.

In the meantime, if someone else has the answer, please let us both know. Thanks.

Greetings! This is a known MS Project issue.

I upgraded from MS Project 2003 Professional to MS Project 2007 Professional earlier this year -- I lost over sixty (60%) of my custom/text fields.

Be prepared to redo many templates and MPPs...

Thanks!

James Keep, PMP
Crystal Reports(tm) Certified Consultant 8.5 (CRCC)
Authorized Crystal Engineer (ACE)

Member of the Project Management Institute® (PMI – Montreal) (PMBOK® Guide)
Member of Microsoft® Project User Group (MPUG – Montreal)

Ain't Office Suite 2007 wunderful!

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

In SP1 (which we have installed) I see the solved issue: When you open a project in Microsoft Office Project 2007, you find that all custom field data is missing.

In SP2 I don't see any solved issue wrt this topic.

I have only a renamed textfield and the (text) data is lost. Reading the provided information carefully the custom data is mostly reflected to calculations which is another situation.

I can remember that other schedules with the same set-up (we use this standard all over the program) did NOT have this issue so apparently it's not just text fields but text fields in relation to "other circumstances". Extra info: we use temporary the 'save as' option to MSP2000 format which might also contribute to this issue?

Anyway thanks for your fast responses but I don't think I really made a step forward. I'll communicate to the involved users that this is a (known) MSP bug but not yet solved and ask them to 'just' redo the text field entry somehow.

Roger! The worst was SP2 in MS Project 2003 broke my email capabilities with Lotus Notes. MS stated that this was their new security position.

Their were encouraging their customers to purchase CALs for the Project Server version...

Thanks to All!!
Great Forum

James Keep, PMP
Crystal Reports(tm) Certified Consultant 8.5 (CRCC)
Authorized Crystal Engineer (ACE)

Member of the Project Management Institute® (PMI – Montreal) (PMBOK® Guide)
Member of Microsoft® Project User Group (MPUG – Montreal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back