Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

blank subforms in multiuser environment 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ragsisme

Technical User
Apr 8, 2003
US
Hope someone can help me with this one!

I have developed a form with three tab subforms using Access 97. All records are unlocked and there are no restrictions that I can see on sharing the tables for multiple user entries. When entering data with only one user, the main form and all of the tab forms show all of the fields appropriately. When two or more users log on, only the main form shows its fields and only one of the tabbed forms. The other two tabs show a whited out area where the subform should be revealing the field data.

Any suggestions on why this is happening and how to fix it?? I have been under tools - options - advanced and made sure that all the files are unlocked to all users for all records. The subforms all show that the records are unlocked.

Thanks to anyone with a suggestion to get me started on fixing this problem.

rags

You might try splitting the database so you have a Front-end (user forms, reports) and a Back-end (tables) and give each user a copy of the front-end on their PC with the FE link to the tables. Of course this will only work if you have a network enviorment where everyone can see at least one network server/PC.

Dave

I have solved my problem which was basically due to stupidity.

Glohamer - thanks for your reply. Your information could be useful in other ways if needed.

rags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back