Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blank space while suppressing subreports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenriswulf

Technical User
Oct 9, 2002
NZ
Hi,
I have a report that needs to run 2 subreports for every entry in a table (Employer) in order to ensure that results are being returned for every Employer.

I have based the main report off the Employer table grouping on Employer.Employer_name with the two subreports in Details A & Details B sections. Because not all employers will have results returned for one or both of the subreports, I was attempting to use dummy subreports to conditionally suppress the subreports that contain no results.

The problem is that despite the suppression, I'm still getting blank spaces appearing in the report. My testing is showing that the dummy subreports are returning the values necessary to conditionally suppress the reports, and when manually suppressing the sections containing the subreports each Group Header starts on a new page (and yes, I have checked and rechecked to make sure the New Page After/Before boxes are unticked).

The report layout is as follows:
------------------------------------------------
|GH 1A | Dummy Subreport1 Dummy Subreport2
|GH 1B | GROUP NAME
|Details A | SUBREPORT1
|Details B | SUBREPORT2

I have a few things left to try with this, but I was hoping that someone may be able to provide some insight.

Thanks in Advance,
Jason Street

Please ignore the previous post...

After checking (for the third time) I discovered the second subreport had "New Page Before" ticked...

Cheers,
Jason Street
------------
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back