Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blank Post with Mixed Authentication

Status
Not open for further replies.

calandrelli

Technical User
Jun 14, 2002
US
I have one page (Page A) with a simple form that collects order information using a few text fields and some combo boxes linked to an Access database to drive the dropdown lists. This page submits a post to another ASP page (Page B) that appends the info to the database and displays any errors returned by the ODBC connection. Both pages are set up with Anonymous Access and then use a domain account to access the Access database on another server in the same domain. If I access Page A and post to Page B everything work great...but I have a need to capture the user's Windows ID so I have created page C which is setup to use Windows Integrated Auth and records the LOGON_USER information as a session variable and redirects the user to Page A. When I use the C==>A==>B setup everything seems to work until I submit/post. All the posted fields are blank. I don't even know where to start with this one.

I think I have solved my own problem....but could someone verify it? I have session variables that are set prior to switching authentication and are used after switching authentication. Would these variables be destroyed?

If you're setting session variables (provided that the users' browsers will accept them), then I believe they should last so long as the session is open.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened."
- Winston Churchill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back