Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

blank popup window

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodmannyc

IS-IT--Management
Nov 8, 2001
US
i am not using any popup blocker - in IE6 when a popup window appears it's totally blank - sometimes i am obviously glad cuz who needs the incessant advertising but sometimes when i need it (such as putting an item up for sale in eBay) i cannot go beyond the blank popup window - i have disabled and uninstalled all Macafee programs - im stuck - please advice

Action: Browsed the internet
Result: Popup windows come up blank
Cause: 1 or more dll files have become unregistered
Resolution: Register them using the following set of commands
1. Quit all running programs.
2. Click Start, and then click Run.
3. In the Open box, type "regsvr32 urlmon.dll" (without the quotation marks), and then click OK.
4. On the message confirming that the registration is successful, click OK.
5. Click Start, click Run, type "regsvr32 mshtml.dll" (without the quotation marks), and then click OK. On the message that confirms the successful registration of this file, click OK.
6. Click Start, click Run, type "regsvr32 shdocvw.dll" (without the quotation marks), and then click OK. On the message that confirms the successful registration of this file, click OK.
7. Click Start, click Run, type "regsvr32 browseui.dll" (without the quotation marks), and then click OK. On the message that confirms the successful registration of this file, click OK.
8. Click Start, click Run, type "regsvr32 msjava.dll" (without the quotation marks), and then click OK. On the message that confirms the successful registration of this file, click OK.
9. Restart the computer.

This solved the issue - it cost me $35 with TS at Microsoft but the issue was resolved quickly. So resolve it at my $$!

Peace

Daniel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back