Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blank Pages when Printing PDF Files from Acrobat

Status
Not open for further replies.

gclumpkin

Technical User
Mar 24, 2004
US
All:

We just recently had a new Kyocera Multifunction machine installed in our office. Ever since then, we have two users (that I know of) who cannot print PDF files from Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Standard. With some PDF files, the printer will send out blank pages for every page in the document. On some PDF files, the printer will send out a blank first page, then normal pages follow.

Here's where it gets really weird. I can log onto one of the PCs as myself (domain admins group) and print out PDF files and all pages print. Same document, same machine. Lastly, while logged in as one of the users, the same documents that don't print under Acrobat 6.0 Standard, print out fine under Acrobat 6.0 Reader. Again, same document, same machine.

On my machine, in my office, I have the same version as the two users do and I have no problems printing any PDF files.

I have gone to Adobe's Support site and there is nothing in the Knowledgebase. In the user's forum, there is one thread concerning this very issue with an Oce' machine and a Kyocera machine. Unfortunately, no resolution was posted.

I have contacted our local Kyocera vendor but a technician won't be able to come out until next week.

Has anyone here seen/heard of this type of problem?

Thanks,
Greg

I'm guessing that they have incorrect print settings in Pro. Pro has a lot more to set in the print dialogue than Reader does.

Have you checked the Advanced button in the main Pro print dialogue on teh user's machine to see what's there?

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

Yes, we've looked at those settings and everything looked fine; no different than my machine.

Another thing I might add is that they can print these files to local printers and other networked printers with no issues.

Greg

Who's creating the problem pdfs? Is it all pdfs or just some?

If it's all, and the pdfs are created by the same person, there could be some sort of glitch in the Distiller settings. If documets are being "printed" to pdf, there could be a probem if the PPD is not set to Adobe PDF. Don't know if your problem printer is postscript or not but, if it is, goofy ppds can cause problems.

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back