Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blank pages in Report view

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 16, 2005
US
I have a report that is group by Category. I am not sure why when I preview it, it have a blank page on every other page.

Hi

Most likely reason, is that your report is (just) too wide to fit on page, so it is printing on two pages hence blank page everyother page

Regards

Ken Reay
Freelance Solutions Developer
Boldon Information Systems Ltd
Website needs upgrading, but for now - UK

You probably have a text box, label, field, or something of that nature that is hanging over the edge of the page.

In design view make sure that everything is within the appropriate margins.

I don't see anything. I have a page footer and a report footer. Could Report footer the problem?

Have you checked that the dimensions of the report are strictly within the page margins? (In my experience, sometimes it will do that if you try to make it exactly the right size)

-V

I've had this a few times and it almost always turns out to be the horizontal lines Access puts across the report/page headers and footers. It's frequently only just a little too wide for the page, so you won't be able to tell which control is causing the problem by printing it.

Ed Metcalfe.

Please do not feed the trolls.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back