Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blank Page at end of report 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kptasteve

Programmer
Nov 2, 2002
US
I have a report that used a query and it formatted fine. Then I added conditions to the query and now the report prints with one blank page at the end of the report. I am not sure why, but how do I trouble shoot this??

Steve Marcum PT
Programmer

Hi,
Most probably your margin setup is trouble maker. A vertical or horizondal line also will do the same. Make sure all the controls (lines, text boxes, boxes etc) are inside the margin area

Also make sure the textbox or memofield is set to CanShrink=Yes.

ZmrAbdulla

A large, empty report footer or group footer could also cause a blank page at the end.

Neither of these seem to work. What I have resorted to is using a old report and reformatting it. It works fine.

But I am still wondering why the other one is printing the blank page, but more importantly how to troubleshoot to find the answer.

Steve Marcum PT
Programmer

Were you by chance grouping the report? Were you setting any page breaks in the grouping or AFTER any report sections? These can cause unwanted pages....

For example, let say you force a page break after a page footer section......well, on the last page of data, the page footer section is processed and a page break is forced after it......but you have no more data to display, hence the blank page...

Just my $0.02 suggestion.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
and I'm not sure about the former. (Albert Einstein)

Robert L. Johnson III
MCSA, CNA, MCP, Network+, A+
w: robert.l.johnson.iii@citigroup.com
h: wildmage@tampabay.rr.com

That is exactly what I am doing. I need to have each record print on a separate page, I have to have this as each one represent a different note for a different patient. I have the report coming from a query, with two table. One table is Subscribers and the other is Soap notes. The query is linked by a Subscriber ID that is auto number in the table Subscriber and this is filled in with a subform. The report has graphics as the Page header and the report is grouped by Subcriber ID. I put a page break at the bottom of the detail section to make a new page for each detail line.

Steve Marcum
Programmer

Steve,

If you can find a way to force a page break BEFORe a section, like the header, as opposed to AFTER a section, you may be able to eliminate that last blank page...Don't know if your data will aloow that though....Good Luck!

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
and I'm not sure about the former. (Albert Einstein)

Robert L. Johnson III
MCSA, CNA, MCP, Network+, A+
w: robert.l.johnson.iii@citigroup.com
h: wildmage@tampabay.rr.com

Robert's right....Change your group header's Force New Page property to Before Section, and that should do the trick....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back