Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blank Message from Internet in 6.5 but 6.0 is ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyNred

Instructor
Jul 26, 2003
CA
Some messages from the Internet appear blank until you hit the reply button in the GroupWise 6.5 client. The strange thing is that if you open the same message on a 6.0 client it shows up just fine.

I have found the following TIDS this does not fit as the message only has the text option. HTML is greyed out and the client is set with html as the default.

This one doesn't seem to fit either. If it was an issue with the message being created with Outlook 2003 IRM I would think that you wouldn't be able to see the message in the 6.0 client either.

Anyone solved this issue yet?

Thanks.

Marie Perry
CNI/MCNE/MCSE

When you go to reply to the message, does the original message appear to be HTML format (different font, font color, font size, pictures, etc)?

I've seen this happen, but the thing that always fixes it when I've seen it is switching to HTML view. Instead of using the toolbar buttons, try the "View > HTML" menu. If that is grayed out too, then go to Tools > Options... > Environment > Display (I think). On this tab, change the default view to "Plain Text" and make sure there's a checkmark in "Force".

See if that helps.

-Ron

We all play from the same deck of cards, it's how we play the hand we are dealt which makes us who we are. -Me

murof siht edisni kcuts m'I - PLEH

All of that has been tried. Client has been set to default view of html. The message is html when you click reply. Doesn't matter where you try to change to html it is always unavailable.

I've sent the customer an html message and there is no problem with it. If his client is set to text it shows the message in plain text. If he changes to html he sees the formating. It's only with some messages. I suspected that perhaps the messages with issues might have been created with Outlook 2003 Information Rights Management feature but I would think if that was the case you wouldn't be able to view the message with the 6.0 client either.

Thanks anyway.

Marie Perry
CNI/MCNE/MCSE

Well, in that case, I don't know. That usually fixes it for me. I'll let you know if I find something else.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
-Ron

We all play from the same deck of cards, it's how we play the hand we are dealt which makes us who we are. -Me

murof siht edisni kcuts m'I - PLEH

Thanks... This one has me really puzzled because I can't find any TIDS on the problem other than the two I mentioned. There are others on the CNE forum experiencing the same issue. If I ever come up with something I'll post the answer in case someone else has a problem down the road.

Thanks for your responses.

Marie Perry
CNI/MCNE/MCSE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back