Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

blank dialog boxes trough terminal service

Status
Not open for further replies.

cinolas

IS-IT--Management
Jan 2, 2002
CA
Hi,

I have a win2k box that is both our domain controller and a Terminal Server.

While remotely logged in the TS, some user experience consistent blank dialog box. The printer driver setup dialog box, for instance, appears mostly blank. The buttons are blank, the menus are blank and the browse window is blank.

It does not affect all users.

I proceeded to delete and re-create the faulty users. Not only it didn't have any effect, but when I tried logging in as a user that didn't have the problem right after deleting the first faulty user, that user now had the same problem...

Any suggestions ?

hmmm... I dont think that's the problem...

The dialog boxes are not just empty of text, they are also smaller since they dont have to accomodate text.

for example, a pull down menu list is very small (not even one line of text high) since there is no text in it.

That makes me think that it is more an OS related problem than a hardware problem. Let alone the fact that some users don't have that problem.

Thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back