Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blank desktop and Control/alt/del does not bring up the task manager 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

edsyn

IS-IT--Management
Jun 16, 2006
CA
Hi Everybody !
I experience some issue with one Windows 2000 server with SP4 .If I log on with Domain Admin user I see blank desktop and Control/alt/del does not bring up the task manager. When I log on with Local admin everything is fine .
Thanks .

Domain Admins are in the admin group for the server, right?

Do you see the start button? Task bar? Can you right click the desktop?
Anything?

If like Captaincrunch00 has said, if the Domain Admins group is not a member of the local admins group of the server then you may have your issue.

Another thing to try if this is not the case is rename the domain admin profile. When you log in as a local admin, rename the profile of the Domain Admin to *.old in the c:\Documents and Settings folder. It may just be a corrupt profile.

When you log on as the Domain Admin again, the profile will be recreated. If this issue is not happening to all other users then it has to be something specific to the domain admin account.

Good luck

"Assumption is the mother of all f#%kups!

Your you guys , the Domain Admin in the Local group and like I said : blank desktop and Control/alt/del does not bring up the task manager, right click does not work .
Likr Andreh said I wiil try rename the profile of the Domain Admin to *.old .

Like Andreh said I renaimed Administrator profile to *.old and it's working . Thank you very very much Andreh !!!

No problem Edsyn, glad to help ;)

"Assumption is the mother of all f#%kups!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back