Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BLANK CHOICE ON COMBO 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

carfj1

Technical User
Jan 19, 2003
MX
I have a 3 column based combo. id, Description, price.

The especifications on the comumns with are:0cm;12.542cm;2.542cm
The number of coulmns is 3
The bound column is 3 <- I need this data on a table

Problem:
The table from wich the combo gets its data has 6 rows. After the selection of an item is done, the combo displays the description for only the half of the options.

I just cant understand why it displays a blank space for the others. I need to show the description on all records.

I know the record(colum 3) is stored correctly because it is used to calulate a total. The only thing wrong is the description not appearing.

If anyone know why this is happening I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Carlos

Carlos
Isn't the determining factor for each record the &quot;id&quot; field rather than the price of the item? If so, then perhaps you should make the &quot;id&quot; column the bound column.

Tom

Tom,

Since the price can change over the weeks, I want to save the actual rate. The ID will only relate the to an information that could be no longer be the same.

Thanks

I found the reason of this particular error.

The table on which the rate was stored was defined as Integer. The rate had decimals, thus only relating the rates without them.

Changing the definition of the field to simple fixed the situation.

Carlos
I am wondering something. You say you have 6 items (rows)in your table. Can two of those ever have the same price?

Tom

Actually yes they do. why?

Thats how my customer needs them,

Carlos

Carlos
Well, I guess I was thinking that if more than one item in your combo box had the same price, and your &quot;bound&quot; column is the price field, then your combo box will go to the first item that has that price...which might not necessarily be the one you want.

When I suggested using the ID column as the bound column, I was thinking of it as an AutoNumber field, but it would appear it is something other than that. Does each record have an AutoNumber field to identify it? If so, you could use the AutoNumber field as the bound column, and set its column width to 0 so that it doesn't show up.

However, this is just musing on my part. You know your database, and if everything is working the way you want it to that's what's important.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back