Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blank Chart

Status
Not open for further replies.

harding1031

Programmer
Oct 21, 2004
US
I am using CR9. I am trying to create a chart in a subreport that is in a group footer. The data from the subreport is displayed, but the chart is totally blank. No headings, legends, titles...nothing. I thouht if it was a data issue, I would at see the chart titles, but I don't. Any ideas what my problem might be. Thanks.

Does the Subreport Object have the "Can Grow" property turned on?
If not, turn it on.
What happens if yo double-click the subreport in the Main Report's Preview window? You should get a new tab created showing just the subreport's data. Does the chart appear now?

Bob Suruncle

Yes, the 'can grow' property is turned on and when I double-click the subreport tab is displayed. The border for the subreport displays, but nothing else. Thanks.

If you run the subreport by itself, providing the parmeters by hand, does the chart display data?

Bob Suruncle

Nope, I can see the data on my detail line, but the chart is still blank...no titles or anything, just the border lines. Thanks.

Can you show us a sample of what your data in the subreport looks like?

Also, how is your chart set up? Is it a Group chart or an Advanced chart?

What field(s) do you have set for "On Change Of"?
What field(s) do you have set for "Show Value(s)"?

Bob Suruncle

OK Bob, I think I figured out my problem. The problem is my record selection in the subreport. I was trying to plot a graph with just the data that I was passing to the subreport using the links. The data are print-time data and I was trying to plot a graph for these values by using a subreport. Is it possible to plot a graph without retrieving any records from the database and just using the data that is passed to the subreport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back