Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blank body message

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlouie

IS-IT--Management
Apr 4, 2003
US
Hi guys,

I have a user with Outlook 2000 with an Exchange Server 5.5 and when he opens email, he can not see the message which is a html. My boss forwarded the message to me to see if I can see it and I can with no problem. I forwarded this message to someone else within the firm and they had no problems either. We all use Outlook 2000.

I checked his the mail format settings and changed it to html but nothing changed. However, if i right click the empty body message and click Edit Message, I can see the whole thing.

Any ideas would be great.

Thanks,
jayson

Our problems sound the same, but I still can't find a solution.

My problems is, I built a macro in Outlook 2000 so it can create an e-mail, via a template file I created which has an HTML body format (I saved the file with a .msg extension), the macro basically populates the To: and Subject: fields.

When I run the macro at home (under Windows XP), I see it opening the file and I see the message as it was written (HTML format), but when it goes to save or send the file, the body of the message does not appear anymore.

I tried running the macro at work (Windows NT) and it work perfectly, the file is ready to be sent with the proper formatting.

Plain text seems to work at home, but if I try to get fancy..it doesn't like it?

Let me know if you find something... anything??
EP

Have you tried running a repair in IE to see if this helps? Outlook uses IE to render HTML messages.

joegz
"Sometimes you just need to find out what it's not first to figure out what it is."

You may also want to compare versions of the MLANG.DLL file between machines.

joegz
"Sometimes you just need to find out what it's not first to figure out what it is."

Thanks. I'll try it and let you know what the outcome is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back