Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blade Centre - Modems??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiano

Technical User
Nov 21, 2001
GB
Hi

Has anybody configured a modem on the Blade Centre and if so how? I need to setup up backup comms (via modem) and can't see where or how to do it and of course there is no useful info on ibm.com

Many Thanks in advance

There is no means to directly connect a modem to the BladeCenter. However, if you have the means to remotely access your network, then you can remotely manage the BladeCenter via the network connection to the Management Module.

Thanks but I think I was unclear, one the blades needs to have a modem configured on it and I want to know if this is possible, Thanks

Hi

There is a new option avaliable to the IBm BladeCenter Call the IBM BladeCenter PCI I/O Expansion Unit avaliable to the HS20 and HS40 (NOTE: Not if you have a SCSI option connected).

This will give you 2 x PCi-X Slots avaliable via the front of the Bladecenter. There are no PCi Modems listed as supported in this option, but they are standard PCi slots so if you are willing to give it a go it may be worth a try.

regards

Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back