Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blackvoib Blackberry Voip App on Mitel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jampet

Technical User
Jun 30, 2006
GB
Hi all, playing aroung with Voip App on my blackberry.

Have a 3300 MX and TW. Anyone got any ideas how to get this working on Mitlel?

You have to purchase the app from Mitel to use with UCA. After purchase you can download the app from the Blackberry site.

NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED!

nytalkin

Don;t think that's what he's on about. The balckberry UC App is for use with the Mitel UC Advanced server app. What this guy wants is just a SIP client!

Jampet, was going to try it anyway, so will see what i can find out for you

Have you given it a try?

That's right! It's not the UC App.

I've got it installed and seems to work ok with some test config the developers gave me and they say it works with Mitel.

I've got a 3300 CXi to test with but not sure how to connect as I assume it won't work via TW so a direct connection to the 3300 would seem logical.

normally when going through TW all you need is to enable SIP connectors, leave everything as deafault

Then in the Blackberry app just put in the TW server IP (external IP) instead of the 3300.

You mean in the YA Settings?

Your Assistant support status - Enabled

and leave the rest blank?

teleworker supports SIP clients with no authentication other then the 3300 itself. Point the SIP client to the IP of the teleworker and use the password etc from the 3300. In MBG release 6 increased security can provide better authentication of SIP clients.

The single biggest problem with communications is the illusion that it has taken place.

jampet

What version of TW have you got? It's not the YA you want but just SIP. If it's below 5 then you need to upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back