Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blacked out icons Win 95

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bandit77

MIS
Mar 11, 2002
US
One of our Win 95 machines has developed an unusual trait. The small icons are blacked out. Nothing else seems to be affected, just the small icons. The device manager does show a conflict in memory addresses between the video adapter (matrox MGA) and the CPU to AGP controller. I can't seem to figure this out. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. If it ain't broke, it will be when I'm done with it.

Anyone? If it ain't broke, it will be when I'm done with it.

Thanks, Jeremy, but no dice. I went there and that particular registry entry doesn't seem to exist in Win 95. I sure do appreciate your help, though. If it ain't broke, it will be when I'm done with it.

Replace/up-date the display adapter driver, and/or change the color properties.

Mator has a updated driver "More Than Merely Names"
YOU ARE NOT FORGOTTEN

I went into resources and changed the memory settings. The machine wouldn't start (not surprisingly) but I thought I would give it a try. I then went into safe mode and restored the automatic settings. When I restarted the machine, the icons were back to normal. I think everyone for their suggestions.
By the way, the regestry settings were already set to"%1" and for some reason, there was no shelliconcache file anywhere.
Again, thanks, all. If it ain't broke, it will be when I'm done with it.

Thanks, thatrenowned, I'll write that down for the next time. If it ain't broke, it will be when I'm done with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back