Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blackberry users cannot open a forwarded VM

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruth88

Vendor
Jul 17, 2008
US
Any ideas what the problem is here? ATAC says this should work:

BlackBerry users cannot open a forwarded voice message. They can open original voice messages – but if a user has forwarded a voice message via Outlook, they cannot open it. iPhone users can open forwarded messages.

User opened up a new voicemail message in Outlook Inbox. User then forwarded it using the Outlook Modular Messaging Add-In Forward with Mail option. Recipient cannot open the forwarded message on BBerry, as it forwards the voicemail as a .msg (email attachment) instead of a .wav file. In order to open a forwarded vm on a BBerry, the sender must first open the vmail in Outlook MM, choose Save As Voice File (instead of default .ivm format) to my desktop, then attach it to a new email and send.

Also advised customer to simply highlight the original message in Outlook and click Forward – without opening the Voice Form. Same result.

MM w/Exchange as message store
OTC installed
HP DL 360 server
MM 5.2 SP8 Patch 4
Exchange 2007

if you look at the message in outlook does the forwarded text of the message come in an attachment ?

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

I've spoken with Avaya - and Tier 4 says this is a known issue and I completed a GRIP REQUEST. Thanks!

I can't see how this is a MM issue it sounds like a black berry problem to me.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

The blackberry needs to associate the .msg to the same program the would open .wav files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back