Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blackberry/Outlook Calendar

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkegler

IS-IT--Management
Sep 18, 2002
US
I have a user whose bb/outlook has lost all calendar items more than a month old unless they are recurring items. Does anyone know why/how this would happen? I have backups up to two weeks old; however, it looks like it happened more than a month ago.

Any suggestions. Thanks

Can you please clarify this issue?

- Only one month of calendar entries in BOTH BB and Outlook?
- What is the setting for "Keep Apppointments" in the Calendar Options on the Device?
- What are the archive settings for the Calendar folder in Outlook?
- Is the backup of the Outlook calendar or the BB device (or both).
- When you look at the backup of two weeks ago, is there only two weeks of appts or is there one month (so going back 6 weeks from now)?

Where do I find Keep Appointments on the Device? Nowhere to be found.

There may be a setting on the phone / server side that only synchronizes information that is newer than 1 month old. In AirSync, I currently have it set so I will not synchronize Calander or email events older than 2 weeks. (Why waste the space on my mobile, when I get over 100 emails a day.)

Just a thought.

Calendar Options are there; however, there is no option to set Keep Appointments on Device. I have downloaded the manual for the 8100 and it shows it should be there; however, it is not! Crazy.

It's probably set at the server level under IT Policy then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back