Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blackberry issue adding a user

Status
Not open for further replies.

rliebsch

MIS
Jan 25, 2002
US
Several days ago, I was told by my Blackberry Enterprise Server's application logs that a user's database coudl not be started.

We tried to delete his Blackberry user account and re-add it. I get this error from the Blackberry Enterprise Server Management Console:
Failed to add user Greg Parsons to the Blackberry Server. Unable to open mailbox for user. The user's mailbox may have been deleted.

Thing is, the mailbox is still there, happy and healthy.

I would try restarting the Bes server service or evena reboot... it soulds like some network hiccup or issue is preventing the bes from connecting to the mail server which houses his mailbox.

I have the same exact error occuring, and I have tried the reboot, but still no luck.I am wondering what is the fix, anyone know?

Try to use the IEMStest.exe using command prompt from the RIM tools folder see if you can openhis mail box.

there is a tool you can get from blackberry support which will allow thier blackberry data to really be removed. Apparently, the clear statistics tool in the BESManager isn't that reliable.

its called dbclear or something. I don't have the software in front of me, but its a great little command line utility.

Call BES support. They'll email it to you.

Robert Liebsch
Stone Yamashita Partners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back