Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blackberry Hard Delete Option?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkitorture

IS-IT--Management
Mar 11, 2004
US
Ok, I am pretty on top of running this Blackberry Device. The question I have is what a lot of people seem to be asking for. In outlook you have an option to "Permanently Delete" vs. "Just Delete" If you hold your shift key down and then hit the Delete button. The message in outlook is forever gone. I know that Blackberry requires a message to remain in the delete box on outlook in order to sync itself. So, I guess my question is this. Is there a way to (what I call HARD delete) from the Handheld side of things?

Example, say I get a junk mail message. I know it is junk and don't wish to see it when I get back to the office. I delete it from the unit. wirelessly reconcile the device. But technically it is only sitting in my Deleted Box on Outlook.

Hence, I have to delete it again. I am looking for that "shift - delete" option on Blackberry. Does something like this exist? Or is the answer that the software system just needs the data to exist in order for all the other cool things this device does to work.

It is possible to empty the Deleted Items folder on your desktop from the BlackBerry.

From the BlackBerry Inbox, select the following from the pop up menus:
Options -> Purge Deleted Items

Useful if a user has run out of room in their account.

this will delete ALL itenms in your deleted items on the client

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back