Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BlackBerry ERROR "Can't open default folder in group"

Status
Not open for further replies.

seaweed27

Technical User
Feb 9, 2004
US
I have a laptop running Windows 2000 with outlook 2003. I had the Desktop manager 3.6 installed without patches. Everything worked except the syncing of the calender and tasks. I have tried installing SP1 and sp2 . Now I get an error after the desktop manager finishes calender syncing Stating "Can't open default folder in group". Then Desk Manager closes. Any help would be appreciated

Hi Seaweed, You need to update the CDO.dll in your BES, there is an article about this , see Blackberry.com and search for KB 02793 for more info about "Support for wireless calender feature using Outlook 2003". Good luck and let me know please.

i'm not running a bes yet. just a redirector and i get this error during sync. does your response still apply?

Hi Trent1980, hmmm... If I were you i'd uninstall the desktop and install only SP2. Good luck.

did that -- i ended up having to clear my calendar and tasks in outlook, then resync -- it seems to get past it all now --

What about applying some patches, e.g. SP2 for the Blackberry Desktop Manager so it can handle this Outlook 2003 stuff the right way? Sounds like a good idea....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back