Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blackberry Calendar issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 10, 2001
US
I have a user that "loses" a calendar appointment when updated. The upointment gets updated from one of his admins, however it dissapears from his device. It only happens when this one admin updates his appointment. He has had several different blackberry devices, and 2 vendors (cingular and Verizon) and the issue followed him from device to device and vendor to vendor. I have found nothing like this. Any suggestions?

James Collins
Systems Analyst
A+, MCP, MCSA, Network+

Do you hve other BB users?
Does the same thing happen if the same Admin updates their activities?
Using a BES? Does the activity disappear from Exchange/Outlook (or whatever you're using)?

Regards,
Mike Lazarus
ACT! Evangelist
GL Computing, Aust

We are using a BES. Just upgraded to 4.1 and the issue still follows. It happens with thei particular admin. None of the other BB users have said they have issues. It removes it from his bb calendar and his outlook.

James Collins
Systems Analyst
A+, MCP, MCSA, Network+

Have you tried having the admin making the same change to different users?

It might be an Exchange issue with the activity getting lost.. which will sync to the BB.... ie it might have nothing to do with the BB impementation.

You could try recreating the user or admin account in Exchange and/or BES?

Regards,
Mike Lazarus
ACT! Evangelist
GL Computing, Aust

I moved some messages from my inbox to my personal fodler (pst). should the message disappear on the blackberry device as well? in my case, the message still show up on the Blackberry.

Any ideas?

With BES 4.1 and earlier, it doesn't remove it from the BB... this is the version we have.

I think this might be fixed in BES 4.2 as it supports hard deletes?

Regards,
Mike Lazarus
ACT! Evangelist
GL Computing, Aust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back