Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blackberry Bold 9700 - Bluetooth issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 7, 2007
US
I've got a 9700 that I want to sync for someone with Outlook via Bluetooth. The sync via USB cable is working, so I thought it would just be a matter of setting up bluetooth as the conduit instead of USB. Doesn't seem to be working.

I was looking at this link to set things up, but it talks about NOT using the Widcomm Bluetooth.

I know the Dell is using Widcomm bluetooth because when I click on the bluetooth icon in the taskbar, I get "My Bluetooth Places" instead of "Bluetooth Devices"
It's also in the Add/Remove programs list. I don't understand how to switch over to the Microsoft bluetooth.

I tried uninstalling the Widcomm Bluetooth software via add/remove programs, but then I had NO bluetooth software and nothing bluetooth listed in Device Manager.

So, the questions are:
1. Do I really need to get rid of the Widcomm bluetooth for the syncing to work?
2. If so, how to do it without removing all bluetooth / how to get the Microsoft bluetooth installed?

does the pc/laptop you are trying to use bluetooth with actually have bluetooth?

Hope this helps.

Umm - Yes it has a bulit-in bluetooth device. I guess I would be pretty dumb if I hadn't checked that first.

It's just the FLAVOR of Bluetooth driver that's causing the problem.

on my Dell I am using the Toshiba bluetooth stack that I d/l'ed from the Dell site.

Hope this helps.

Which bluetooth card does your machine have in it and where is the link to the download???

If you can provide, I'll scope it out.

Well, his computer has a Wireless 370 card, so I'm doubtful it would work AND his computer model is not listed either.

I may check it out further though as I have time. Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back